USB Over Network is a handy and reliable application which allows you to easily share an external USB drive or a printer over a network. Lab instruments, scanners, cameras, card readers, bar code scanners, PDAs, USB keys and others are usually considered to be non-shareable. Thus, normally you need to move your USB devices from one computer to another.Sometimes, though, this is not an easy task, especially when you need to use a device that is physically located in another building or even another city. USB is the standard interface used by most modern computer devices today. But, USB was designed to connect electronic peripherals only to a single computer.Previously, the only way to share a non-shareable device was to buy an expensive hardware USB switch. A hardware switch takes up space, consumes power and is often quite expensive.USB Over Network is a revolutionary software solution from FabulaTech. No need to move devices from one computer to another, and no need to buy expensive hardware switches. You can access a USB device connected to a remote computer from your computer via a LAN or the Internet as if it were physically plugged into your own PC.The program consists of a "Server" and a "Client". You should install the Server on the computer to which the device you want to share is physically connected. You can install the Client on all PCs from which you need to access the shared device.USB Over Network is easy to install and use. It supports a wide range of USB devices. This software will not require you to have any special knowledge and will install easily right out of the box. Share your USB device without risk of losing it! Access remote instruments without leaving your chair!
Here are some key features of "USB over Network":
· Allows working with remote USB devices as with local ones
· Unlimited USB devices can be shared on server
· Unlimited USB devices can be accessed from client
· Wide variety of USB devices is supported
· Auto-sharing of new USB devices
· Auto-sharing exclude list
· Auto-connecting of USB devices which got shared on the server
· USB devices safe removal is supported
· Developed for Linux and Microsoft Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Server 2003, Server 2008
· USB v1.1 and USB v2.0 compatible
· Hardware Universal Serial Bus controllers compatible
· Hyper-Threading Technology compatible
· Multiprocessor platforms compatible
· True Plug-and-Play
· User-friendly program interface
· Hot USB devices sharing/unsharing (without computer reboot)
· USB devices sharing or connection from your application directly using dynamic link library (OEM license)
· 15 days trial
· Only one USB device can be shared
Whats New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Windows 8 support added.
· USB 3.0 support in Windows 8 added.
· A system of USB device sharing rules added.
· USB device sharing parameters added.
· Compatibility with some USB devices added